Esprit Gourmand is a family-run business founded in Marseille in 1922. We specialise in roasting and transforming nuts as well as preparing premium speciality food since 1950. We carefully select the highest quality nuts and fruits from the best origins. We make and prepare our products to order to ensure upmost freshness. Our products are used in most luxury hotels in France. We also offer a broad range for food catering professionals and premium speciality food retailers.
Made in Provence
Key dates :
– 1922 – : Company creation. Launch of nut trading business – 1944 – : First retail store opening (until 1995) – 1947 – : Confectionery wholesale business launch (until 1988) – 1951 : Launch of nut roasting business – 1979 – : Move to an industrial area – development of the activity on a bigger scale – 1998 – : First clients in luxury foodservice and hospitality – 2013 – : Move to les Pennes Mirabeau – expansion of the manufacturing facility.
the French Touch
We are present in most of the high-end establishments in France, and referenced in many hotels around the world: Europe, Asia, Middle East …
Our privileged relations with our customers, including several big names in gastronomy, allow us to accompany the evolution of trends. We adapt our products and seek solutions tailored to meet the problems of each of our customers
Company Strength :
Located near Marseille in a 4000 m2 factory, the company employs 40 people. The production is based on traditional methods and an expert knowledge acquired over nearly a century. Capitalising on this heritage, the company can also counts on advanced equipment that offer absolute control of both roasting time and temperature for end products of the highest quality.
In order to meet the demanding clients’ requirements, the company capitalises on its historical know-how and expert knowledge of raw materials:
– Careful selection of the highest quality nuts and dried fruits from the best origins and the latest harvest.
– Products made exclusively “to order” to ensure optimal freshness.
– Range improvement with new product development through internal process or to cater for clients’ requests.
– Product grading and sorting carried out throughout the production and packing process.
– Meticulous packing and product tracking from production to delivery.
Listed in most luxury hotels in France, the company is expanding its international presence. Attentive to market trends and changes, the company can tailor its services and products to meet each client’s specific needs.