Esprit Gourmand is a family-run business founded in Marseille in 1922. We specialise in roasting and transforming nuts as well as preparing premium speciality food since 1950. We carefully select the highest quality nuts and fruits from the best origins. We make and prepare our products to order to ensure upmost freshness. Our products are used in most luxury hotels in France. We also offer a broad range for food catering professionals and premium speciality food retailers.
Esprit Gourmand fait de l’exigence la priorité de son activité :
– Monitor and control product quality
– Provide solutions to clients needs
– Improve working conditions
Esprit Gourmand implements constant controls to guarantee highest product quality for its clients :
– Suppliers are selected on precise criteria : quality, labels, certifications, sustainable development approach.
– Systematic visual and organoleptic controls are undertaken at reception of goods.
– Quality control I maintained throughout the production process : nuts roasting and processing, products preparation on the day the order is received.
– Vacuum seal or modified atmosphere packaging is the preferred method of storage to maximise shelf life.
Actions undertaken :
– Monthly microbiological analysis (raw materials, products under processing and finished products).
– Oil temperature and saturation rate monitoring.
– Daily checks on cold-storage rooms temperature and nitrogen levels in modified atmosphere packaging.
– Tests on organoleptic quality of products during production.
Organic range :
Since 2009, Esprit Gourmand offers a range of organic products, buying from certified organic suppliers, rigorously selected :
– A comprehensive breakfast range with organic jams & spreads and organic cereals.
– In 2010, extension of the organic range to bar and minibar products sold either in bulk or individual packaging. Organic pastry ingredients are also added to the range.
– All of our organic products are certified “Product of organic farming” by Ecocert FR-BIO-01.
Customer service and an operational excellence is one of our priorities through :
– Commercial responsiveness and search for innovative and tailor-made solutions.
– Actions taken to mitigate, treat and register nonconformities and complaints.
Working conditions :
We believe good working conditions are essential to produce quality work, hence we are committing to :
– Provide training for all employees.
– Provide an occupational risks evaluation document to prevent workplace accidents.
– Keep watch on technological developments to upgrade equipment and reduce occupational health risks.
Key dates :
– HACCP approach started in 2007, adjusted each year.
– Compliance with organic methods of production – Ecocert licence since 30/11/2009
— 1st certificates of conformity in 2009 for some cereals and jams.
— Progressive range expansion since 2010 : jams, cereals, cereal bars
–Development of an organic bar snacks range end of 2010 : mixed nuts, crisps…